purpose & mission
At Trinity, our mission is “equipping Christians to engage and evangelize our world.”
The mandate of Our Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20) is our mission, and our model is Ephesians 4:11-16.
Offer clear, consistent and in-depth teaching of Scripture; this is emphasized without apology since Christ is the truth (John 14:6) who came to preach the truth (Mark 1:38), the Holy Spirit is truth (John 16:13). Truth sets people free from sin (John 8:32), sets people apart unto God (John 17:7), is essential for worship (John 4:24), is our only message (Ephesians 4:15, 25), is guardian of our love (1 John 3:18), is our only offensive weapon (Ephesians 6:17); and the church is the pillar and support of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). Moreover, our enemy's nature is untruth (John 8:44) and his primary tactic is deception and distortion of the truth from Genesis 3 to Revelation 20:10. Finally, God is against those who suppress the truth (Romans 1:18).
Offer Training for Christians
The goal is for Christians to think biblically about their life, world, and particular area of expertise through substantive expositional preaching, teaching, ministry opportunities, one on one discipling, mentoring and advanced training (2 Corinthians 10:5; Ephesians 4:15; 1 Peter 2:2). In order to learn the Scripture, Christians must be taught (Matthew 28:20) and desire to learn and live out the Scripture (John 7:17; 1 Peter 2:2).
• TEC (Trinity Equipping Center)
• ministry and mission involvement in and through Trinity
• in-depth preaching and teaching of Scripture
• the Roundtable
• bible studies
• offer incorporation of college students into the full life of the church in order to train them to be meaningfully connected with local churches after graduation
• engaging our culture through bringing a fully converted life into one's field of experience and expertise, ministry, and truth telling
• evangelizing the lost
• training and sending people into our city, country and world with the ability to model, articulate and defend the Christian faith with gentleness and reverence (1 Peter 3:15)
• presenting the gospel’s offer of salvation and its requirement of sanctification (1 Peter 1:13-16)