Purpose of Elementary Ministry
The Elementary Ministry of Trinity, or H!Z K!DZ, strives to meet kids (K-5th grade) where they are and reach their hearts with the truth of God's Word. We desire to work with parents in their God-given role of shepherding their kids in many different ways: through teaching, worship, musicals, drama, Scripture memory, missions, service, and parties with lots of fun. For more information regarding the elementary ministry, contact our Elementary Director, Kathy Presley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
H!Z K!DZ Sunday School | K-5th grade | Sunday | 9:15am (check with the Welcome Center for room number) The first Sunday of the month, in room 201/205, 1st-5th graders will have "KIDZ on Mission."
K!DZ Worship | K–5th grade | Sunday | 10:40 a.m.-12:00 p.m. K-2nd grade-room 201/205, 3rd-4th grade-room 207/209 for worship and snacks. At 11:30, Bible time begins and the groups divide, K-1st grade 201, 2nd -3rd grade room 205, and 4th & 5th graders in room 207. Please pick up your children in these rooms.
This is a time for children to have a power-packed time of praise and tummy taming snacks. Then, the group is split to allow “target teaching,” reaching each child at their level. During this time, the children worship with music, explore godly heroes & heroines, do crafts, have snacks, & have lots of fun. Children are also welcome to join their families for the service in the Worship Center, if preferred.
STARZ! K!DZ Choir | K–5th grade | Wednesday | 6:00pm in the choir room
Children K-5th grade are invited to join us as we prepare and perform a Nativity the second Sunday morning in December and a musical the last Sunday evening in April.
AWANA helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
Sparks | K–2nd grade | Sunday | 5:00 p.m. in the gym
Sparks is a great club for all kids. The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The club's purpose is: to take children deeper into God’s Word and to give boys and girls weekly opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. Sparks Club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for all children.
Club meetings are divided into three segments:
• Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
• small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
• age-appropriate games on the AWANA game circle
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, encourages boys and girls to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks. Annual individual cost for Sparks is approximately $50 which includes a uniform vest that may be worn all three years as a Spark. Some scholarships are available.
For more information, visit the sparks website.
Truth & Training Clubs | 3rd–6th grade | Sunday | 5:00 p.m. in the gym
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of AWANA to teach 3rd through 6th grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives.
These are some of the exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word:
• four handbooks which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
• weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards,team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
• Bible-centered curriculum that helps boys and girls build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
• interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and Discipleship go hand in hand and by the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
• learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
• studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
• regularly heard and read the gospel message
• discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
• completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes
Annual individual cost for Truth & Training Clubs is approximately $50, including uniforms which may be worn two years. Some scholarships are available.
For more information, visit the Truth & Training Clubs website.